Friday, May 16, 2014

Chocolate Delice with Salted Caramel

Hi People,

Next i am going to post about the Chocolate Delice with Salted Caramel that i did last weekend for Mother's Day and also a farewell dessert for my parents as they are going China for a short getaway.

I didn't have the chance to snap shot my dessert as i was busy serving the salted caramel sauce because when it cooled down, it actually turns sticky which is hard for me to scoop them up onto my plate. By the time i've done that, they have started eating. And when everyone was commenting how good it taste, i couldn't help but to get it into my mouth, then i realised, PICTURES!! Too late.. Doesn't matter, cause there are always pictures floating around the internet.

Chocolate Delish with Salted Caramel
Picture adapted from Eamon Eats
Inside of the Chocolate Delice
Picture adapted from Eamon Eats
Well, for my dessert, i didn't go into the extra effort of doing the white chocolate on top and almonds around the ring of the dessert. Basically my white chocolate got burnt in the microwave, and the shop was out of stock for almonds flake. This look like a simple dessert, but OH NO, it really requires a lot of your time and patience. It took me 8 hours for it to be done and the mousse set, i have actually underestimated my timing.

Why this dessert, and why a lot of bakers online are making them? This is the dessert created by Eamon Sullivan, which also crowned him a celebrity Masterchef from Masterchef Australian 2009. This dessert is made with the assembling of crème brulee, a biscuit base, chocolate mousse and chocolate glaze, and tipped with a spoonful of salted caramel sauce. The salted caramel really do makes a difference in this dish. Hmmm.. But the process of making this the second time will make me pause for a second.

You could find the full and accurate recipe at Eamon Eats. It was said that the recipe uploaded on Masterchef website is missing on some details and steps which have caused failure in some areas.

For my dessert, i did not use any cake rings, because it is kind of expensive to buy them and keeping them can be quite space consume. So i used transparency sheets to cut them into my desired size, and i also used them to replace the cookie cutter mentioned in the recipe. It worked perfectly well!

I have made a printable version for this recipe so you can get handy at all times! Today it's a Friday, which makes tomorrow a Saturday! Probably you could make this over the weekends! T.G.I.F !!

No comments: